Friday 15 July 2011

Congratulate This Week's Winner : Sherry Kay Designs

Let's congratulate this weeks winner in the EJ ART Promotion team!

It is my pleasure to introduce to you: Sherry, who has won the challenge competition with her treasury: Sweet Dreams my Little Prince. 


I hope you enjoy reading about Sherry's craft journey. Don't forget to go by and favorite her shop:
Sherry Kay Designs



  • 1. How long ago did you begin to design jewelry, Sherry? Why? 


 I have been crafting for as long as I can remember and most of my family are crafters also. I've always loved to give and receive handmade gifts. It's just something very special about someone taking the time and care to create something truly special just for you. I started designing & creating jewelry about 5 years ago. Mostly making pieces for friends & family as gifts and just for fun. With their support and encouragement, I decided to sell my jewelry and have done several craft shows and fairs, before joining Etsy.


  • 2. Who and What inspires you?

I find inspiration in just about everything, but I would say color really influences my designs and ideas the most. I'm partial to anything and everything pink and you will see that in alot of my pieces. Also, love the romance & feminine side of vintage pieces and often, like to work them into my designs as well. I have to say that since joining Etsy, I have found so much inspiration here and the amount of talent here is overwhelming. I never tire of browsing the different shops and always find items that really inspire me to create something new.


  • 3. Where can the readers find your jewelry for sale?

My handcrafted jewelry is available online from my Etsy shop: SherryKayDesigns.


  • 4. What do you like to do besides designing jewerlry?

When I am not creating jewelry, I love to do almost anything craft related, such as, scrapbook, crochet and sew. I paint alittle, but mostly folk art pieces. I'm even thinking about adding some of my other crafts in my shop soon. I would love to have a wide variety of handcrafted items that would appeal to anyone with a love for OOAK handmade pieces. I'm constantly working on my shop and adding new pieces and enjoying the whole process of being a shop owner.


  • 5.Tell us a bit about why you like Etsy.

 I love having my shop on Etsy and it really is like having a large community of friends with the same interest and dreams. To create something you think is beautiful and to have others show appreciation for your work is a great feeling. Everyone has been so wonderful and I have made alot really amazing friends since opening my shop. I especially love being a member of the Ejart Treasury Promotion Team and it is so much fun to support and promote other beautiful & talented shop owners. Promoting each other through our treasuries is a great way to meet and support other shops and it's just another way to show your creative side.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Supported by E J ART and Barbie Boutique Basics.




3 comments: